Catnic Stainless Steel Lintels
The standard Duplex corrosion protection system used on Catnics range of lintels provides class leading protection against corrosion in all normal circumstances.
However there may be instances when, particularly aggressive environments or to increase the expected life of the lintel, a stainless steel lintel may be required.
The British Standards Code of practice for the use of masonry - Part 3: Materials and components, design and workmanship BS5628-3:2005 implies that the lintel material/coating specifications should be limited to austenitic stainless steel in two distinct circumstances.
- a) Non-aggressive Environment
Buildings exceeding three storeys in a non-aggressive environment. The material coating specification for products in contact with or embedded in an outer leaf of an external cavity wall or a single leaf external wall should be austenitic stainless steel.
- b) Aggressive Environment
Buildings located in an aggressive environment (e.g. coastal sites). The material coating specification for products in both leaves of external walls should be austenitic stainless steel.
The outstanding anti-corrosion properties of stainless steel also make it suitable for specialist laboratory or medical applications, hospitals, residential care homes, schools and prisons where the whole life expectancy and maintenance programme become key design considerations.
- All Catnic Stainless Steel Lintels are manufactured from Austenitic Stainless Steel, grade 304S15 to BS EN 10088-2-1.4301
- Other grades of stainless steel are available on request.
- All Catnic galvanised steel loading tables apply.
- All stainless steel lintel lengths are manufactured to order, price and delivery on application.
- All standard stainless steel lintels from Catnic are BBA approved under Agrément Certificate No. 91/2638
- Special lintels in stainless steel are available manufactured to order.
- All stainless steel lintel products are manufactured to order.