IG Hi-Therm Cavity Wall Lintels
- HT/S Standard Load
- HT/HD Heavy Duty Load
Blockwork built tight against inner face of the lintel. Place mortar bed on top of blockwork before foor units are laid to provide even distribution of load. Lintels may be propped to facilitate speed of construction.
IG leads the way with the development of a completely unique lintel range to address the thermal requirements of new building regulations.
- Up to 5 times more thermally efficient than a steel cavity wall lintel, Hi-Therm outperforms other lintels.
- The significant reductions in thermal bridging due to the GRP component will assist in the building design process to achieve compliance with Part L and The Code for Sustainable Homes.
- The use of Hi-Therm will make a significant contribution to a buildings performance in respect of the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standards (FEES).
- Outperforms Stainless Steel on price and corrosion resistance.
- Patented GRP and Galvanised Steel hybrid design.
- Galvanised steel is used to support the heavier load on the inner leaf of the cavity wall.
- Profiled CFC free insulation ensures the continuity of insulation.
- Not required on Hi-Therm lintels.
Psi Comparison Chart
Building regulations require that lintels should be assessed for their effect on the thermal performance of a building. The thermal performance of a lintel is expressed in terms of Psi Values (?) i.e. linear thermal transmittance.
To help understand the immense thermal bene?ts of the Hi-Therm Lintel it must be compared to other lintel types.
|Lintel Type||Psi Value|
|IG Hi-Therm Lintel||0.05 W/m K|
|Typical IG Lintel||0.23 W/m K|
|Non-plated Steel Lintel||0.3 W/m K|
|Plated Steel Lintel||0.5 W/m K|