IG Stainless Steel Lintels
IGs entire range of lintels are available in Austenitic Stainless Steel grade 304 2b to BS EN 10088-Part 2 Astm 240 (European Grade 1.4307). The loading tables are the same for Stainless Steel as Galvanized Steel. All Stainless Steel lintels are supplied with the same high quality performance as IGs standard Glavanised lintels.
IG utilise Austenitic Stainless Steel grade 304 for their excellent tensile and yield strength properties, that have proven performance in a wide range of atmospheric and corrosive environments.
The use of Stainless Steel is ideal when the life expectancy and maintenance programme of a building are key design considerations, for example in specialist laboratory or medical applications, hospitals, residential care homes, schools, prisons and institutional buildings. Stainless steel is suitable in these developments because of its outstanding anticorrosion properties.
- All IG Stainless Steel Lintels are manufactured from Austenitic Stainless Steel, grade 304 2b to BS EN 10088- Part 2 Astm 240 (European Grade 1.4307).
- Upon request, other grades of stainless steel lintels are available.
- All IG loading tables apply to both Stainless Steel and Galvanised Steel lintels.
- All IG Stainless Steel lintels are made to order, specific to each application.
- All standard stainless steel lintels from IG are BBA approved.
- Special lintels are also available in Stainless Steel, made to order.
IGs team of Engineers will provide customer guidance and technical information regarding all the possibilities and capabilities of Stainless Steel.
IGs Standard Corrosion Protection System of heavy duty Zinc coating is tested and proven in use for over 60 years in the industry.
The British Board of Agrement confirm that IG Lintels are satisfactory for use in all environments, including coastal locations, when installed with a separate DPC and stop ends.
British Standard Code of Practice for the use of masonry pt3; Materials and Components recommends the use of Stainless Steel Lintels in buildings that are subjected to aggressive environmental conditions and buildings exceeding three storeys.
There is also a requirement for NHBC registered projects to use Stainless Steel Lintels in coastal locations, namely, within 500m of the shoreline.
All IG lintels detailed on this website are available in Stainless Steel. To specify Stainless Steel prefix standard lintel codes with SS.